Last year, my new year’s resolution was simple: Be Inspired. I didn’t know where it would take me, but my goal was just to start paying attention to things that were inspiring, and follow them.
This led to a whole bunch of inspiring activities in 2012:
- Met the very talented and inspirational Global Lives Project board members at Board Match
- Joined an orchestra (this has been on my five-year plan for some time now–and I’m happy to be part of a group that continually inspires me to play better)
- Traveled to a couple of interesting places (London and Seattle; travel always inspires!)
- Completed my second half marathon — four years after the first (and rediscovered the inspiration that comes from running in a group of very motivated individuals)
- Launched a social network (it’s inspiring when I get to work with some of the most creative minds at my job!)
- Joined the board of Global Lives Project (and now I get to work with people who inspire me on a regular basis!)
- Re-learned how to swim laps (and have a new goal to swim 1 mile in one day)
I don’t know what this means for 2013 New Year’s resolution(s), but I’m pretty confident it’s a good sign for things to come!