Run Time: 43:15
Stopped Time: 0:36
Distance: 3.01 miles
Average: 14:21 /mile
Fastest Pace: 10:21 /mile
Ascent: 282 feet
Descent: 292 feet
Here’s how I usually plan a run:
- Mapmyrun.com – this tool has been with me since I did my first half marathon. I will sometimes look at runs others have done, and sometimes I’ll just pick a park, then map it out to hit the exact mileage I want.
- I’ll pull out a post-it note and write out the turn-by-turn directions.
- I’ll stare at the map for a few minutes to get a sense of what it looks like.
- I’ll change my mind one or two times.
Here’s how the run went today:
- Repeat steps 1-4.
- Ask Tom what he wants to do.
- Attempt to stick with the plan, then follow Tom as he gets us a little lost.
- Recognize a landmark, and then realize that’s the way to go.
It worked out pretty well, actually. I saw a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail I would not have seen otherwise. Tom learned the value of landmarks. We finished the run in good time, and even had a couple of blocks to spare.